Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Waka Poem Contest

Today at school my 7th graders (all 400 and something of them) had sort of a competition. They were divided into groups and in the middle of each group there were some cards with traditional Japnese poems on them. One of the teachers would read (or in some cases sing) a poem and the students would try to find it in their cards in front of them. The student who finds the card first, grabs it and gets to keep it. This was a great way for me to see Japanese traditional culture. And the students seemed to enjoy it as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tam said...

They're really cute! It still weirds me out that they look like they're wearing old school sailor's uniforms. Such is life ;)

I love my freshmen! They are seriously adorable and so much better behaved. It's awesome!

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home