Monday, February 13, 2006

Happy Valentines Day

This past weekend I had a movie night with my friends and after the movie (a romantic one of course) we talked about what love meant. There is a verse in the Bible that says it perfectly. I am sure many of you know it. It's from 1 Corinthians 13.
Love is...
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.


愛はきわめて忍耐強く、親切です。 愛は決してねたみません。 また、決して自慢せ
ず、高慢になりません。 決して思い上がらず、自分の利益を求めず、無礼なふるまい
をしません。 愛は自分のやり方を押し通そうとはしません。 また、いらいらせず、腹
を立てません。 人に恨みをいだかず、人から悪いことをされても、気にしません。
決して不正を喜ばず、真理が勝つ時は、いつも喜びます。 だれかを愛する人は、どん
な犠牲をはらっても、誠実であろうとするでしょう。 また、いつもその人を信じ、その
人に最善を期待し、いのちがけで、その人を守り抜くでしょう。

Many people have never heard of this kind of love. But this is the kind of love that God gives us and wants us to give each other. This is real love.

So, on a different note, Valentines Day is celebrated throughout Japan. There is chocolate EVERYWHERE!!! But, unlike America, Valentines Day is primarily a day for girls to make chocolate for boys. In March there is something called White Day where boys then in turn give girls something. Last year I got lucky and my students gave me chocolate on Valentines Day even though I am not a boy (Oh, Happy Day)! Last week we had a Culture Seminar (it was more interesting than it sounds) on Valentines Day. Here are some pictures of my ADORABLE students making cards.





Happy Valentines Day everyone!

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie! said...

Hey, Shi...
Your man is leaving comments on my blog.
Keiko

10:42 PM  
Blogger _-=true_story=-_ said...

lol

1:49 AM  
Blogger Shio-chan said...

oh, I am so glad you both are becoming friends :)

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home