Thursday, April 13, 2006

Ensoku

One of the cool things about being a teacher in Japan is that you get to go on school trips every year with the students. I actually see more of Japan this way than on my own. Well, today I got to accompany 400 or so 8th graders to Nara. Nara is famous for it's Buddist temples and Buddas. The place we went to had an ENORMOUS one. When I entered the temple it was amazing to see. But it was sad at the same time. Sad that people put their faith in something man made. No matter how long it took, or how beautiful it is to see, it is still made by human hands. The same time that I thought, "wow, look at that" I thought, "that's it? That's their god." I want them to know a God that's bigger than that.

Another famous thing at this park is the deer or are the deer I should say. They are everywhere. And they will just come up to you and steal your lunch, snacks or whatever food you might be holding. Needless to say, it was an interesting trip and here are some pictures



2 Comments:

Blogger _-=true_story=-_ said...

That poor midget-deer looks a little less than thrilled that you're trying to pet it. :|

8:11 AM  
Blogger Katie! said...

You look a little afraid of that deer, Shi.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home