Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The LaSt day

Three classes. Yesterday I had three classes. As the bell rang at 3:25 and the students stood up, I realized, this is it. My last class of my two years in Japan. Wow. It is hard to believe that just 2 years earlier I was just getting started. My desk is covered with pictures and notes students have given me. I have been spending my free time at work sticking the little "puricura" pictures into a book and writing the students names next to their pictures so I won't forget who is who. As I walk through the hallways and students say hello or run up behind me or even try to bite my arm :) I realize how much I love teaching and how much I'm going to miss it. I can honestly say this is the hardest job I have ever had. But it has also been the best! I have taught over 1000 students in the past 2 years. I don't remember all of their names, and to be honest, not all of their faces. But I love them. And I hope I can continue to be a part in at least some of their lives. I realized yesterday (a lot of things I know), but it's not English I love teaching, it's Communication. By teaching them English I am giving them the tools to communicate with people around the world and with me :) And that makes me happy. I just praise God for these kids and this opportunity. I hope He has teaching for me in the future. So, here's sayonnara from Shiona sensei. Here are some pcitures from the past week.

Eating lunch with students






Tanabata Festival











Where's Shiona?









5 Comments:

Blogger Tam said...

I'm proud of you, sister. Way to finish strong.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Tam said...

I'm proud of you, sister. Way to finish strong.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Tam said...

Ok, your site is on crack. Your entry is there twice and then it just posted my reply twice. Cuh-razy.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Katie! said...

I love your entry!! What's going on with the psycho multiple posting though?

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Shiona.Do you remember me?
I can't belive that you've finished to teach in Japan!! Now I am in UK so I can't see you before you're going to leave Japan. I'm sure that you've spent a great time there. Even we've met there few times, I'm really sad that you're leaving. But~~~I'm positive to see you again in Japan or America.(It might be another place in the world.haha~) So~ don't forget me!! OK? And have a great time in Japan(^^)

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home