Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Something recently learned

Today I realized something about my students. Today in my class of 8th grade girls we watched the movie "Princess Diaries". I don't know if you have seen this movie, but it is really cute and is basically about a girl who finds out she is a princess (your average cinderella story). I watched this movie with my 9th graders and they loved it. It is a pretty clean movie with only a couple of kissing scenes. Well, let me tell you, the difference between 8th and 9th grade girls is HUGE when it comes to these kinds of scenes. When I watched the movie with my 9th graders, they kept saying words like "kawaii" (cute) or "kokoii" (cool). They loved it. But, with my 8th graders, while they liked most of the movie, during any intimate scene like kissing or even dancing I would hear them scream and then hear an occasional "kimoii" (that makes me sick). It's funny that just watching a movie can be such an educational time for me, the teacher.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tam said...

Guess who got a Mac...

1:02 PM  
Blogger Shio-chan said...

It couldn't be you. That would be like you gettting a perm and that's never gonna happen ;)

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home