Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Ode to my Umbrella

It was just two days ago when my beautiful blue umbrella went missing from the umbrella rack at school. I had just finished work for the day. I changed my shoes, punched out my button and stepped outside. Of course, it was pouring down. It looked bleak. I went to the spot where I had put my umbrella in the morning. It wasn't there. That's okay, I thought, sometimes they get moved to a different spot in the rack. So, I began to search through all the other umbrellas for my blue one with the silver handle. Again, not there. No, way. I couldn't believe it. Nobody would steal my baby. I searched again and finally the truth set in; it was gone. I looked out at the rain. There was no way I could make it home without getting totally soaked and perhaps drowning in a puddle. I must have had a worried look on my face because one of the teachers who was just coming in from the rain asked me what happened. I told him my dreadful situation. And then, a ray of sunlight shone as he offered to let me borrow his umbrella because he had come by car. "Really?" I said. And moments later I was walking home happily under a borrowed umbrella.
.....days later, there is no sign of my little blue umbrella. "Little blue" this post is for you.

5 Comments:

Blogger _-=true_story=-_ said...

I'm sure he's gone to a better place.

4:26 AM  
Blogger Tam said...

Hey, Grayden's not dead!!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Tam said...

PS Sad day about your umbrella :(

1:22 AM  
Blogger _-=true_story=-_ said...

just barely breathing...

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been told that Japanese only steal what cannot be improved on. In Japan that means umbrellas and bikes are fair game.

You can loose the newest syle in ipod technology on the train and the chances of getting it back are higher than getting "little blue".

Contemplate that,
Charlie

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home