Thursday, August 10, 2006

boxes, boxes, boxes

Well, the typhoon never came, but the slumber party was still fun. My packing boxes have arrived and I am sitting in my house surrounded by a mess of unorganized stuff ready to be "neatly" packed into 10 Japanese size boxes. I have a week to do this. It seems a bit daunting. It is honestly hard to believe that I have 2 weeks left here. I was reading back in my journals yesterday, reading what I wrote when I first arrived here. Things have changed so much. I have changed so much. It's hard to believe it is coming to an end. But at the same time, as I have been praying about leaving and thanking God for such a great opportunity, I have also been able to praise Him for what lies ahead. I am not leaving this place and shutting the door completely. I will keep in contact with many and actually two Japanese friends will be living in Spokane from September. In a way, I am excited. I can't cling to the past and hope it never leaves me. I have to embrace the future and not forget the past. There are still people who need to hear the gospel. There are Japanese in Spokane. And there are people I love, who I haven't seen in a really long time. So, I just praise God, who holds my life in His hands and knows the plans that He has for me. Plans to prosper me and not to harm me. Plans to give me a hope and a future. That's my God.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tam said...

I'm continuing to pray for you, sister. I love you and am excited for everything the Lord is doing in your life.

I've always got your back ;)

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home