Monday, August 07, 2006

surprise, surprise, surprise

Last night, after returning home from Mt. Fuji (a.k.a. "giver of pain") I went out to dinner with a friend. to my surprise, when I met her she had brought one of the students with her who is going to Spokane and who I helped teach English. So, we all went to eat dinner together. Akiko, my friend's name, was my second group of students when I was an RA in Spokane. So, we have known eachother for about 3 and a half years. So, we ate and talked and then all of a sudden two more of my friends showed up and later another until finally there were 10 of us all together. Yeah, so I was definitely surprised. At the end Akiko had a cake brought up and flowers as a going away present. The best thing was this: when I was her RA, just before her and her group left to come back to Japan, I wrote them a song as a goodbye present. Akiko recorded this on her video camera, so as a present to me she had given the tape to her friends who are in a band and they did a remix of the song (which is much cooler than when I did it on my guitar) and she made a CD and had it playing while they brought my cake out. I couldn't help but cry. It was the sweetest present I've gotten. Thanks Akiko! daisuki!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tam said...

That is amazing! You might not believe this, but Saturday night (so your Sunday afternoon) I prayed that God would do something that would catch you off-guard and just bless you tremendously. It's in my journal- and I'm not even kidding!

Isn't that amazing? I'm not saying it was because of me, PS. Just saying that I think it's pretty cool :)

12:49 AM  
Blogger Shio-chan said...

that is cool! thanks for praying for me Tam

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! That is the coolest thing ever!!!

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home