Thursday, July 20, 2006

iT iS Finished-or is it?

Today concludes my day as "Shiona sensei", "Mr. Shiona", or even "Shiona teacher". I gave my two speeches and only managed to cry when I spoke in English and when one of the students gave a speech to me. After that I had lots of students coming into my office, giving me last minute notes and puricura, or taking last minute pictures. It was surreal in a way. Saying goodbye as they left my office. My desk is nice and tidy, totally opposite of what it was yesterday, or even this morning. And that's it.
For all who are teachers or have thought about becoming one-it's worth it. Through all the ups and downs, the good times and bad, the hard work, the endless hours, the smile and tears, at the end of the day you had an impact in the lives of students. It's worth it.


Wait, do you hear that?


It's the sound of another page turning in my life. Here we go...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats so great Shiona, you did really great job! Students will miss such a wonderful teacher.
Here's my favorite poem;

"This very moment is a seed from which the flowers of tomorrow's happiness will grow."

5:26 PM  
Blogger Shio-chan said...

Thanks Chi. That was really encouraging. Love you!!

12:21 AM  
Blogger Tam said...

I'm so proud of you, Shiona! You are a fierce warrior woman for the Lord, with a soft and humble heart that is always willing to serve. I love you sister!

Oh, and we'll see if it works but here's a music player I stole from Grayden:

http://mp3player.poqbum.com/player.php

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, sorry about Miss Japan coming in second place last night. I watched it and thought of you.

--Tam

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home