Wednesday, September 20, 2006

A far better education

Okay, so what's been going on in my life? Let me tell ya'
I am finally moved into lovely Spokane. I am living in my college pastor's grandmother's basement. It's actually a really nice setup and only $125 a month. That's awesome right! It is rainy today. Typical Washington weather it seems.
Last Wednesday I helped out with the 4 and 5 year olds at church. It has been awhile since I have worked with such little kids and I am used to being funny with my Junior High school kids. Well, during our craft time, one of the girls was taking the covering off her color crayons. For no particular reason she was just tearing it off and putting it on the table. So, thinking this was funny, I said to her, "Why are you doing that to the crayons? They're gonna be naked and cold." Well, everyone at the table thought that was pretty funny (because I had said the word 'naked') So, the rest of the evening, when we were supposed to be reciting the memory verse and concentrating on far more spiritual things, I would hear from the table, "naked (ha,ha,ha) naked crayon..."
That was my contribution to the 4 and 5 year olds at my church. It's good to be back.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats super cute Shiona! And you got a nice place to live. Happy to know!
During Katie and Takako were in Niigata we said to each other "If Shona was here...Shiona would love this..." so many times :( I miss you!
Have a great week!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Shio-chan said...

Thanks Chi! It was so good to talk to everyone :)

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home