Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Pepe

Okay, I need to write a little bit about the El Camino. When I tell guys that I am driving an El Camino, or even when I go to get into it after church, I will hear praises with a tinge of jealousy. "El Camino." They say that. With a kind of spanish accent that makes it sound that much cooler. People who drive behind me and my El Camino a.k.a. "Pepe" probably think that I am 85 or have been drinking too much. I sometimes have problems staying between the dotted lines and the solid line. It isn't because I am a bad driver (though some may argue that). It is because the El Camino has a mind of its own and often decides to go one way or the other. And then at other times, I can't see the dotted and solid lines on the road because my side mirrors are about the size of a pine cone. I personally think they are just for looks. And of course there is my change in speed. I barely have to touch the gas peddle for Pepe to start going faster and faster. And, it's basically a metal boat, so going downhill is always fun. But, these days Pepe and I have been becoming closer. I no longer tell him how much I hate him. And I don't avoid telling other people that I, yes I, am a driver of an El Camino.

6 Comments:

Blogger Katie! said...

Definitely need some pictures of Pepe.

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys rock!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Tam said...

I, too, desire a photograph of said Pepe.

1:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I am the one that taught Shio-chan to drive, I feel immensly qualified to state: YOU ARE A BAD DRIVER. Just ask the lava rock by the drive way...

El Camino GOOD, Shio-Chan BAD (driver).

And Pepe is not it's name... It's SPORK (is it a spoon, is it a fork - no it's a spork... Is it a car, is it a truck - same same).

-Otokooya (Shio -chan)

1:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do your parents realize you write this and are so down on a generous gift. I wish I had a car, which I didnt have to pay for. Do you think it would make them smile to read this?

these are things I would imagine you would wonder in your mind, as you are so thankful on Thanksgiving.

5:18 AM  
Blogger Shio-chan said...

Hmmm, well, whoever wrote that last comment thank you for visiting my blog. I am very thankful for a car that I don't have to pay for, which is what I said. God has provided a car each time I needed one, in amazing ways. My parents are very gracious. Thanks for your comment, but unless you are someone I know, please refrain from commenting. Thanks

3:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home