Tuesday, October 31, 2006

New beginnings



Here it is, my new job. It's not really down for maintenace. That was the only icon I could find. As of last week I am an employee of the best Italian Restaurant in Spokane, and I'm not even kidding. I am blessed to have a job. I am hosting by the way. It is a bit different from teaching, okay tons different than teaching, but I am still working with people and I am enjoying it so far. Other than that my life has consisted of wedding planning, church, pre-marital counseling, bible study and trying to find time to see Grayden. I went from having too much time to having not enough. It's all good though. I have been incredibly blessed since I have been back, being able to go to church again and hang out with friends who are in the same place in life as I am. I still have those days when I miss my friends in Japan terribly, but I know I'll be back there. Oh...and for all you who are wondering, we have set the date to March 24th for the wedding. Only 5 months away! Craziness. I found a dress I like, so hopefully it's in the budget. Oh, and winter is here..it snowed a bit last night. I know, unbelievable.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Shiona, Congrats on your job!! I'd love to eat at the restaurant where people like you working in :)
I miss you so much! But it was kinda funny you said "I miss my friends in Japan terribly", cuz it absolutely sounds same like when Katie talked about her sister with her British accent after reading the "persuasion"!! hahaha.

11:07 PM  
Blogger Shio-chan said...

Chi, you're funny! I think you hang out with Americans too much, you are starting to sound like one ;)

2:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,Shiona!!
I miss you! Are you working at a restaurant?? Goooood luck!!!
March 24th.... I wanna go><

8:25 PM  
Blogger Katie! said...

There is a Bridal Fair this weekend in Osaka...I really wanna go...would I look like a pathetic freak if I went to a Bridal Fair even though I have no prospects right now? Wish you were here...

10:49 AM  
Blogger Shio-chan said...

You should totally go! Take Chi, she would be perfect to go with you. Iinaa!!!

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have just read your e-mail!!!
I was surprised that you are working with my little sister Ashlyn!!! It is a small world.
Please tell her Hi for me.
And, good luck on your new job!!!

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home