Saturday, May 27, 2006

The Passion of my Heart

I have a daily devotional I read entitled Voices of the Faithful, by Beth Moore. It is a book of testimonies and encouragement from missionaries all over the world. The chapter I am reading now is about Witnessing. I realized that one reason I want to do missions is because the desire of my heart is evangelism. There is nothing that is quicker to bring me to tears, wrench my heart, bring me to my knees or convict me of sin than a story about someone hearing about Christ or accepting Him personally. And those times when the Lord uses me to share with others are the most humbling experiences I have had. This is the passion of my heart; to help others to know the truth. And yet, this morning as I read through the devotional I was convicted by how easily I let nervousness, embarassment, weakness and sin interfere with that passion. With that command really. "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. " This is my purpose in life and today the Holy Spirit gently nudged me and asked, "are you doing what I've called you to do?"

1 Comments:

Blogger Tam said...

I meant to tell you this on the phone and then I forgot, but that sounds like a good devo. I've never heard of it, but I'll look it up :)

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home