Monday, May 22, 2006

Not in the least bit interesting

Well, it is hard to write a post that compares to "adventures in Guam" but I thought I would just write a bit about the last few days.....So, um....


I did go to a sento (public bath) last week with two American friends and a Japanese. That was an interesting experience and one I was determined to have before I left Japan. When I say public bath, I do mean public. It was really nice though. But everyone (women and men were separate) bathed together in these hot tub like baths. They also had three saunas there and a group of baths outside. It was definitely a bonding experience and so much fun that I am going again on Thursday! If you want to bond with the Japanese, just take a bath together :)
In other news, my students have tests this week so I don't have a whole lot to do (don't tell anybody that). Right now, I am at school, thinking about what I can write that would make this entry interesting. But alas, there is nothing and I leave you with a recommended book that I have just finished: "A Chance to Die"-biography of Amy Charmichael

Ja ne

7 Comments:

Blogger Katie! said...

I forgot to tell Liz that we were going to the bath again, and she was like "Why is Shiona going to the sento by herself?"! Is it weird that we enjoy bathing together? Oh, and, if Shihoko comes, Liz will meet her for the first time...IN THE NUDE!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Shio-chan said...

Katie, I can't beleive you left that comment on my blog! lol! Fun times, great oldies.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Tam said...

Wait so are you in a bathing suit or... NOT in a bathing suit?

PS RESPOND TO E-MAILS. I have written you like 5 totally unanswered. Boo.

2:29 AM  
Blogger _-=true_story=-_ said...

that would be without the bathing suit

5:52 AM  
Blogger _-=true_story=-_ said...

^pretty sure anyway^

5:53 AM  
Blogger Shio-chan said...

yep, no bathing suit! It's a bath silly!

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home