Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Ghetto Fabulous Guam!

For all of you who have been checking my blog everyday (Chelsea), here's a new post. (yea!!) My eyes are better, thanks for asking. My students have been asking about my eyes since I got back. That, and asking what happened to my hair (I got a perm) and then touching it, commenting on how soft it is. I lead a wierd life.
So, back from Guam, with a TAN! Kind of a farmer's tan, but nevertheless, darker than before. Guam, was different than expected. I had loads of fun! Katie, Koni and Kaori are three crazy girls. I am glad they had me (the normal one) to even them out. The key words of the weekend were "ghetto fabulous" and "drama". But, I'll get on to the pics and talk more later.

Our hotel






As you can see, Guam is beautiful!



The infamous TaLaFoFo FaLLs

On the tourist map, Talafofo Falls looked like a great place to go. It is a historical site where a Japanese man lived for 28 years after the war, in a "gave" (Guam's definition of a cave...actually, a hole in the ground). When we got there we were a little surprised at the site. Let's just say that they know the meaning of "ripping people off". But the pigs (yes, there were pigs) were cute. :)


On the suspension bridge (smaller in real life) at Talafofo Falls



Kaori and I at Talafofo Falls








The bEaCh






tWo LoVeRs PoInT



This is us at "Two Lover's Point" where it is said that hundreds of years ago, there was a beautiful Chamorro(native people of Guam) princess who fell in love with a poor Chamarro man. They wanted to marry, but the woman's father wanted her to marry one of the Spanish soldiers. The two lovers were determined to be together so they met on the night before her wedding. When her father found out about this he told the town that the Chamorro man had kidnapped her. So, they pursued them. The two lovers were driven to this mountain edge. They realized that there was no way they could be together if they were caught. So they tied strands of their hair together and jumped off this cliff onto the rocks below. Now, tourists can go up and see the view from this historical landmark. The Guam version of Romeo and Juliett.




Here's us in our formal attire. On the last night we went to a Tropical BBQ. It was amazing!!! They had an all-you-can-eat buffet with T-bone steak, shrimp, chicken, and lobster and tons of food! Then afterwards there was a show which was put on by native Chamorros. This was definitely the best thing we went to.




Interestingly enough, Kaitie and I were both asked at different times to go up on stage to dance. When I went up it was to participate in a "dance contestt" of sorts. And, guess who won?

Yep, you guessed it! Me! And I got this beautiful lay as a prize.

So, these are just a few of the many pictures that I took. It was a great weekend. I especially loved the trips to K-mart, Taco Bell, Burger King and Pizza Hut. I am currently making a DVD of the trip and if I can find someway to put it online, I'll put a link on my blog. Yea for Guam and yea for friends!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tam said...

1) I totally check your blog everyday.

2) I'm glad your eyes are better.

3) You know how I feel about perms. I am not sure that we can be friends anymore.

4) I am SO glad that you went to Guam!

5) I can't see the pictures because my school's filter blocks all jpg, gif, and png files. Lame, I know.

6) You can upload your video at www.youtube.com and also if you ever pimp your myspace (do you even have one? Are we friends there?) then you can put it there, too.

7) I think I'll be home for Christmas. Like 98% certain, actually. I hope I get to see you then. Especially since I'll need a place to stay and all of my other friends are married. But mainly because I just really miss you. I hope your perm is grown out by then. ;)

8) I put a link to Grayden's blog on mine that says "Shiona's lover boy". I bet he wants to kill me. Last time I referred to him as that he told me to shut up :)

9) I love you, Sho.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Tam said...

I just responded to your comment on my blog, except I replied on my blog. So you have to go read it.

I hope you are doing well, Sho, and take comfort in knowing Jamie was in a really good place in life before she went home.

12:37 PM  
Blogger _-=true_story=-_ said...

priorities shiona, priorites. put the glass down ;)

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home